Protecting your company’s data may not be the thing you want to spend your time doing but it is important. Criminal and other malicious attacks on company data cost businesses an average of $246 for each record that is compromised. System problems and human error cost less at $171 and $160 per record. Moving to IT managed services to safeguard your systems and data but what does that mean? It is important to start with the IT managed services definition.
IT managed service providers take over the management and service of the information technology needs of a company. The exact services that are provided differ from company to company and industry to industry. Basically, they work with businesses to develop a working information technology infrastructure. Then they maintain and tweak it as needed. This is often a cost effective way for businesses to manage their IT needs. They can also provide computer repair and computer support services as needed.
How You Can Find the Right IT Managed Services Provider for Your Business:
- Talk to companies that are similar to yours. You work with other companies and individuals in your industry, who do they use to provide IT services? How did they find them? How do they like working with them? There are no better ways to find quality goods and services than to get personal references and recommendations. You may not end up using the same provider but they can get you started with a list of IT services firms and give you an idea of what your options are.
- Get references. Most IT managed services companies have testimonials on their website. Check them out. At the very least you should make sure that they are real. It is much too easy to throw up some fake references and referrals and references. Ask the company if they have current or former customers that you can talk to about what it is like to work with them. They should be able to provide you with a list of clients who would be willing to talk to you.
- Make sure the managed service provider understands your industry. It is very important that the company you hire to handle your IT needs has a good understanding of what you do and what you will need. The very IT managed services definition is a firm that can tailor its services to the specific company and industry. If you run a retail business, you have very different IT needs than if you run a medical office.
- Find a company that asks a lot of questions. As much as you want to go into your conversations with different IT managed services companies that already have a working understanding of what you do, you want them to ask a lot of questions. They should ask about your current IT situation and everything from who handles your cloud operations (if applicable) to what your general needs and concerns are. Every company has different needs and has staff with different skill sets. You may need them to provide training if you are moving to a new system.
- Your security needs to never take a day off. If you think the hackers who want into your system take holidays off, you are wrong. You need to get an IT managed service company that will keep an eye on your systems 24 hours a day, seven days a week and 365 days of the year. Any time your network goes down, you lose business, money and your credibility is hurt. Your system is, of course, not only vulnerable to attack from malicious source but devices fail, power goes out and a wide array of problems can pop up. You need to know that your system is being watched all of the time. The very IT managed services definition is a system that protects you all of the time.
Protecting your system and data is a really important part of running your business. The IT managed services definition includes being a company that provides the services you need when you need them and can help you develop a system that is secure but also usable by your staff.